Box 29 indicates the payment received from the patient or other payers.
There are two ways to update this field depending on your needs:
- You can add the amount a patient pre-paid for services.
- You can edit the previously paid amount for secondary and tertiary claims.
Add Prepayment Amount
You can edit Box 29 directly from the Submit Claims tab to indicate the amount a patient has pre-paid for services. This is helpful when creating a courtesy bill for the patient.
Navigate to the Work Center and open the Insurance Claims tab.
From the Submit Claims tab, locate the claim and click the Edit Box 29 quick link.
- Enter the Paid Amount, then click Save.
- The Paid Amount is added to Box 29 and the Electronic Claim File, which you can verify using the View or Preview options.
Edit Paid Amount from Previous Claims
This field shows as $0.00 for primary claims and sums the previously paid amounts for secondary and tertiary claims.
To edit the paid amounts from previous claims:
- Navigate to the claim using Search or from Patient > Treatment Episode > Insurance Billing > Claims.
- Select the claim.
- Click on the Payments tab.
- Click on the Check # to edit.
- Click Edit on the payment.
- Edit the Paid field.
- Click Save.
Previous Payer Payment
- Loop 2320, Segment AMT02