The Payment Request feature allows a user to generate an email that contains a secure link where Patients have the option to enter their credit card information to make a payment towards their outstanding balance.
If you need to update any information in the Payment Request email template, click here.
- Open the Patient's profile and select Patient Billing.
- This should redirect you to the Collect Payment section.
- Scroll down to Payment Requests and select Create Payment Request.
- The Amount Requested field will default to the entire amount due but can be adjusted based on user preference.
- The First and Last Names will default to the Patient's name but these can be adjusted based on user preference.
- Update the Facility to indicate where the service was rendered.
- Input the Email of the recipient of the request. Multiple Emails can be included by adding a semicolon and a space after each email. e.g. JohnSmith@gmail.com; BobSmith@gmail.com;
- Please include any extra information you would like to add in the Note section of the request.
- Finally, select Send Payment Request to complete the process.
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Managing the Request
When a Payment Request has been made a record of that request will be located under Patient > Patient Billing > Collect Payments > Payment Requests. This section includes:
- Date: This is the date the request was first made.
- Full Name: The First and Last name of the recipient of the request.
- Amount: The amount remaining of the request. Partial payments made will reduce this amount.
- Status: The current status of the request.
Once the full amount of the request has been paid, the request will no longer be visible. This indicates that the opening balance of the initial request has been paid in full. You can find all the payments made towards that balance under the Patient > Patient Billing > Payments section.