Let's review how to add and update Admitting and Principal diagnosis codes on the Behavioral Service Diagnoses and Standalone Service Diagnoses tabs. This will also resolve diagnosis-related To-Do alerts.
- Open the Patient > Treatment Episode > Intake tab.
- Click on the Behavioral Service Diagnoses tab.
- Click on Set for Admitting ICD-10.
- Search for a code using the Containing box and clicking Search. Then, click the + icon to select the code.
- Or, if you know the code, enter it in the Code box at the end of the window.
- Use the Present on Admission drop-down to select the desired value. Options include Yes, No, Unknown, or Clinically Undetermined.
- Click on Set Code.
- The Principal ICD-10 will automatically populate with the same diagnosis.
- You can change this by clicking Set and using the same steps shown above.
- If the patient has additional diagnoses, click Add ICD10 Behavioral Diagnosis link.
- Follow the steps above to add another diagnosis code.
- When all behavioral diagnoses have been added, click into the Standalone Service Diagnoses tab. Diagnosis codes entered under the Behavioral Service Diagnoses tab will carry over to this tab.
- Verify that the information is correct. Make any necessary edits or additions.
Note: Deleting a Standalone Service Diagnosis will not remove it from the Behavioral Service Diagnoses tab. However, deleting a Behavioral Service Diagnosis will remove it from the Standalone tab.