Let's review how to discharge a patient. Selecting the correct discharge code is important as this field will appear on Box 17 for Institutional Claims.
- Navigate to Patients and click on the patient name from the list or locate the patient using Search.
- From the Profile tab, click on Intake link for the treatment episode you want to discharge. The Quick Links section allows you to easily access different sections of the patient's treatment episodes.
- On the Admit/Discharge tab, click Edit.
- Scroll to the Discharge Status field.
- Click on the field to choose the desired Discharge Status code.
- Enter the Discharge Date and Time.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save to discharge the patient.
Kipu EMR Integrated Clients: Discharge the patient in the EMR. Adding the Discharge Date/Time will automatically transmit the discharge information to Avea and discharge the patient.