THE PAYER RETURNED A GENERIC 999 REJECTION MESSAGE THAT DOES NOT STATE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE CLAIM. EITHER THE FILE STRUCTURE HAD AN ERROR OR THE PAYER MAY NEED TO BE CONTACTED IN ORDER TO FIND OUT WHY THE CLAIM REJECTED. X12 INFO 2400-CLM
Either the file structure had an error or the payer may need to be contacted in order to find out why the claim rejected.
In order to determine the cause for rejection, you will need to contact the payer directly.
Steps to resolve:
- Call the payer
- Determine why the claim was rejected
- Make necessary corrections to the claim
Once this is completed a corrected claim will need to be submitted. Please follow these steps to submit the claim:
- Navigate to the patient's profile (Patients > Patient Name)
- Select "Treatment Episodes"
- Select the Treatment Episode related to the claim
- Select Insurance Billing
- Select Review Corrections
- Select Resolve next to the claim in question
- Enter the Corrected Claim information as necessary and select "Resolve and Go to Submit Claims"
- Click Submit Claims at the top of the screen.