This field is used for reporting the names and identification numbers of individuals that correspond to the provider type category.
Set the referring provider in the U/R plan or standalone service treatment in Attendance.
Practice Configuration Required
Please contact AveaOffice Support to configure this setting.
U/R Required Services
The Referring Rendering Provider is added automatically to the claim form based on the Referring Rendering provider entered on the Utilization Plan.
Adding Standalone Service
The Referring Rendering provider (Other Provider) is selected when adding the standalone service to the Attendance calendar. Choose the Referring Rendering on the service form in the attendance calendar.
Updating the Standalone Service in Attendance Calendar
- From the Main Menu, select Attendance
- Within the Calendar tab, find the patient name where addition or changes are needed.
- Click the lock next to the previously submitted service
- A warning message will appear to verify if the service needs to be unsubmitted and will list the associated claim number. Ensure that this claim number matches the claim that needs corrections, then click Unsubmit.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the treatment.
- Make changes to the Referring Rendering Provider and Referring Rendering Provider Role within the popup window.
- Repeat steps if there are multiple dates of services that require this change.
- Click Submit Treatments for Billing and also click the Submit button within the popup message.
Note: If the claim spans multiple weeks, navigate to the Unsubmitted Attendance tab and Submit Treatments for Billing.
- To review corrections, click the patient's name.
- Click on the Insurance Billing tab, Review Corrections tab, and the Check for Corrections button, then wait for corrections to generate.
- Click on the Compare link to view changes and click on the Resolve link to create a corrected claim.
- Once the corrected claim is created, send it to the payer from the Submit Claims tab in the Work Center.
For more information on steps 9 and 10, refer to Claim Corrections and Rejections.
If the desired corrections do not appear, refer to Correction Troubleshooting.
Loop 2310C, Segment NM1