Box 5 on the UB-04 claim form is where the provider's Federal Tax ID is displayed.
Let's review how to change the Federal Tax ID on the UB-04 claim form.
- Navigate to Practice Admin > Configuration > Insurance Billing
- To update the Tax ID on some submitted claims, select Create Scheduled Change Set.
- Within the Scheduled Change Set window, select the Effective Date before updating the Tax ID.
- When the appropriate fields have been updated, scroll to the bottom of the window and select the Save button.
- To update the Tax Id on all Submitted Claims, select the Pencil icon located next to the Baseline.
- Within the Edit window, update the Tax ID before scrolling to the bottom of the window and select the Save button.
- Note: If a claim has multiple dates of service, any change sets that impact some dates of service will result in a split claim upon creation or correction.
Loop 2010AA, Segment NM109