Box 6 on the UB-04 claim form is intended to display the beginning and end dates for the services on the claim.
To edit Box 6 in AveaOffice by removing a date of service:
For existing claims, it is only possible to remove a date of service from a claim which may update the statement covers period if the date of service was the first or last date of service on the claim.
- Navigate Attendance
- Select the relevant date range in the dropdown
- Locate the Patient and Date of Service
- Select the "Lock" Icon to unsubmit the Date of Service.
To edit Box 6 by adding a day to the statement end date:
In some cases, billers wish to set the service end date as +1 day to the last date of service.
- Navigate to Management Center > Claim Rules.
- Select Create Claim Form Rule.
- Select behavior "Service End Date" and set the option to "Use Last Date of Service + 1 Day".
- Set your claim conditions.
- Select Save.
Loop 2300, Segment DPT