Box 81CCa-d is used to report codes that overflow other fields and for externally maintained codes NUBC has approved for the institutional data set. Taxonomy codes should be reported in these fields using a qualifier of B3.
To include the provider's Taxonomy code on a claim in Box 81CC a claim rule needs to be created.
To create the claim rule, follow these steps:
- From the Main Menu, click on Management Center.
- Click on the Claim Rules tab and set filters as desired, e.g. Organization, Practice and Clearinghouse Payer and then Click on the Create Claim Form Rule button.
- Type the Name of the claim rule in the free form text field: Name.
- Select the Conditions, e.g. Payer, Bill-Type for AveaOffice to qualify a claim that meets these conditions.
- Select the Behavior "Institutional Secondary Provider ID" from the Available Behavior dropdown list and click "Add".
- Select the action for the behavior of "Require and Write Provider Taxonomy" from the dropdown list.
- If the claim rules in step 4 are true, then a qualifier is required by EDI Standards. The qualifier "B3" is hardcoded in AveaOffice, so no further action is require for this field.
- When claim rule is completed, it should look like this:
EDI Loop 2000A - PRV01 "BI", PRV02 - "PXC" qualifier, PROV03 = 10 character Taxonomy Code