Box 16 on the UB-04 is where the patient's discharge hour is entered. This field is required for some accounts including all Medicaid claims.
To add the patient's discharge hour to the claim form:
- Navigate to Patients and click on the patient name from the list or locate the patient using Search.
- From the Profile tab, click on Intake link for the treatment episode you want to discharge. The Quick Links section allows you to easily access different sections of the patient's treatment episodes.
- On the Admit/Discharge tab, click Edit.
- Before the Discharge Hour can be added, the Discharge Status and Discharge Date are required to be selected.
- Click on the dropdown for Discharge Time and select discharge hour from the list.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save to discharge the patient.
Loop 2300, Segment DTP