What is an NDC code?
- The NDC of a drug refers to the National Drug Code used by the FDA.
- Each code contains information about the state of each drug and if its a compounded formula.
How to include the NDC on Insurance Claims
Let's review how to configure the NDC code on Insurance Claims!
- Navigate to the Practice Admin > Services and select the Service you wish to update.
- Within the Service Profile, select the Billing Profiles tab and select the appropriate Billing Profile.
- In the Service Billing Profile, select Create Scheduled Change Set to include the NDC based on the Date of Service; Select the Effective Date then Save.
- Next to the Effective Date, locate the Pencil Icon to open the Service Billing Profile and scroll to the bottom to toggle-on Uses NDC Code to generate the NDC fields.
- After the NDC fields have been updated, select Save; follow the Correction process if corrections are required.
- Note: Updating the NDC at the Baseline will generate Corrections for all claims, regardless of Date of Service.