What claim change is needed?
Depending upon Blue Shield's requirement, the Blue Shield Provider ID may or may not be required on the CMS-1500 claim. This claim form rule with either add, remove, or/and write to claim if this ID is present.
CMS-1500: Box 32b - Other ID#
- Add the Blue Shield Provider ID in Practice Admin > Facilities.
- Navigate to Management Center > Claim Rules
- Click "Create Claim Form Rule".
- Select the Practice.
- Name the claim rule.
Set Claim Type to Institutional depending upon service.
- Set conditions for the claim rule to be met.
- Select the Available Behavior: Facility - Blue Shield Provider Number.
- Then click Add.
- Depending upon the situation, from the Select dropdown arrow - Omit, Require and Write to Claim, or Write to Claim if Present.
- At the bottom of the window, click the Create button.
To read more about how to set claim rule conditions and order, see the Claim Rule: Setting Claim Rule Conditions article.
To read more about how to set up a claim rule to be effective as of a certain date, see the Scheduled Change Sets article.