Box 24b is used to identify the location where the professional service was rendered. The Place of Service (POS) is displayed as a two-digit code.
The POS code is set in the service billing profile under the Services tab of Practice Admin.
To change the POS code in Box 24b on the claim file:
- Go to Practice Admin > Services.
- Click on the service name.
- Choose the Billing Profiles tab.
- Click on the billing profile name to open the contents.
- Select to make a baseline or Scheduled Change Set edit to the POS.
- Enter the POS code, then click Save.
For detailed instructions on how to manage services and profiles in Practice Admin, click on the linked article or video below.
Loop 2300, Segment CLM05-1