What claim change is needed?
To change the Service End Date on a claim. Billers may wish to show the service end date as the discharge date, the last date of service on a claim, or the last date of service plus one day.
- Navigate to Management Center > Claim Rules
- Click "Create Claim Form Rule".
- Select the Practice.
- Name the claim rule.
Set Claim Type to Institutional or Professional.
- Set conditions for the claim rule to be met.
- Select the Available Behavior: Service End Date.
- Then click Add.
- Choose an option that fits the scenario:
A. If the Service End Date = Discharge Date, then use the Discharge Date option.
B. If the Service End Date = Last Date of Service, then use the Last Date of Service option.
C. If the Service End Date = to a day earlier than patients _________ (Discharge Date, for example), then use the Last Date of Service + 1 Day option.
- At the bottom of the window, click the Create button.
To read more about how to set claim rule conditions and order, see the Claim Rule: Setting Claim Rule Conditions article.
To read more about how to set up a claim rule to be effective as of a certain date, see the Scheduled Change Sets article.